Friday, December 25, 2009

Wall Air Conditioner Installation Is It Possible That A Very Old Wall Air Conditioner Could Have Asbestos Inside It?

Is it possible that a very old wall air conditioner could have asbestos inside it? - wall air conditioner installation

I live in an apartment that is a very old air conditioner. When I opened the front, I discovered that it breaks using a gray-black material as the installation around the inside edge. I do not know how old he is, but it reminds me of asbestos. I do not know what exactly such as asbestos, so I asked if anyone knows if that's what it is or whether it looks like just another harmless substance. I do not trust the building manager to have followed the appropriate safety and remove asbestos from the hotel. Give me a shout if you know the answer.

4 comments:

mel said...

how something can "remember" to asbestos, but I have never seen, is a mystery to me.

Asbestos has been used as insulation material in hot water and steam pipes, because they do not burn.

No air conditioning.
They trust their manager apt? move.
I am looking for a way to act and make money? look elsewhere.
to try to stop drama where none is warranted to establish.

Roohan Selvan said...

If the unit was manufactured before 1970, is a high probability. At one point, asbestos was used as an insulator.

Roohan Selvan said...

If the unit was manufactured before 1970, is a high probability. At one point, asbestos was used as an insulator.

josh said...

Here is a good resource on asbestos: http://asbestos.logicalcloud.com

Post a Comment